3.1.11

sense and sensibility (2008): the bbc miniseries

Last night, I watched Le Clan des Siciliens (1969), directed by Henri Verneuil, with Jean Gabin, Lino Ventura, and the ever-handsome Alain Delon, and was subsequently going to follow-up with a post about the possibly worst score written by Ennio Morricone, mainly because of repetitive, obnoxious 'boings.'  Legitimate boings.

But instead of whining about something I didn't enjoy, I decide to turn to the BBC production.  I've only read two Austen novels: Pride and Prejudice and Emma, which was the book that pretty much stopped me from reading anymore of her work.  But BBC's Sense and Sensibility has done the almost-impossible: convince me to read more Jane Austen.  Not to mention, I actually like it.  So far.  We'll see what reactions it will yield in the next two parts.



I do feel at a disadvantage, not having read the original, since I cannot gauge if Dominic Cooper, who will never fail to come across as a creeper perv to me (haha, History Boys!), is really representing this Willoughby fellow and any possible potential sleaziness.

No comments: